April Showers Bring May Flowers

Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Can you even stand it??? This isn't just some stock photo I pulled off of Google. This is a picture that I took of our flowering crab apple tree...In our front yard!

It feels like we've just moved into an incredible new house with an exponential increase in square footage and an amazing gardener. Finally we are free from the confines of our walls and the stale air that circulates between them. At last, the plastic insulation can be torn from the windows, shades raised and the windows opened to let in fresh air and invigorating sunshine. "Red ball" and "Coat" and "Outside" are now staples of Alessandra's vocabulary. In my neighborhood, we all emerge from our caves to greet each other once again.

Many marvel at how this caterpiller...


...Turned into this butterfly:

For most on the block, it's good to see Grandma Nonnie back on her patio:


Of course, like the rest of us mere mortals, spring has flaws of its own. On the infamous days of April Showers, we are forced to retreat indoors yet again. Which is okay, because if there is one thing that Minnesota is good at, it's coming up with things to do indoors.

Indoor Amusement Parks


Nickelodeon Universe, Mall of America

Indoor "Park" Parks


Edinborough Park

Indoor Stadiums

Hubert H. Humphrey Metrodome

Indoor Pedestrian System
s

Minneapolis Skyways

Indoor Playgrounds

Blast!

Inner Nose Pickings

Oh, wait.
But it's true. And this too.

Gross! Any pointers to put a stop to that nasty habit would be welcome. If we tell her "icky", she acknowledges by continuing to dig whilst saying "icky". Yeah, as if simply acknowledging it's icky makes it better. It kinda actually makes it more disturbing, come to think of it.

Inner Peace

I never thought I'd be the one to say this, but my daughter is a prayer, can ya say amen?! Before we commence each meal, and prior to going to sleep for the night, she clasps her little hands in front of her face and mumbles her daily prayers. If we happen to forget that particular evening, she is sure to remind us. All I could have ever asked for is a happy child who appreciates all of the good fortune that has been handed to our family. It seems then, that my prayers have been answered too.
That's it for this week. See ya!

2 of you love me, and I you:

Dennis and Jessica said...

Doesn't matter where she is she's on the move!!! Ali sure gets around the Twin Cities! Looks like you guys are having so much FUN!!!! Loving the consecutive updates!!! ;) Hugs to the Torres Family!

Yole said...

I love Ali! She is so cute and I loved the virtual tour of the Twin Cities! I'm with you on being SO glad it's Spring. We miss everyone and are sending lots of hugs and kisses! Love her baby blue jacket!!! :) :) :)