Pretty Katie and I had another side-by-side photo opportunity this afternoon at their house after Alexis' baptism. As you can see, quite a difference from Easter. I am definitely a little heftier in the bow of my ship this time around! Dawn made another fantastic meal that I can confidently say I am still stuffed from a full 5 hours later. She also made with her own bare hands (are you ready for this?!?) a professional-looking cross-shaped cake with homemade GANACHE in the middle. It was so delicious it would have made Godiva quiver in their boots! Who needs $40 truffles when you have a sister-in-law who can do even better?! Finally, we had another photographer this time around so you can view the Executive Chef herself:
The baptism went well and Lexie looked beautiful!
As usual, I am feeling great and am still so thankful that I am one of the lucky ones! I think that I'll be one of those moms who misses being pregnant just because it was so easy! Of course, I say that now before I am at my biggest and most bloated in humid July and August. The one thing that was bothering me that I got corrected last week was my eyesight. They say that the size and shape of some pregnant women's eyeballs change, so oftentimes they'll find that contacts will no longer fit or correct your vision as they should. I was able to go and get an exam and new contacts. I was wearing glasses all the time up until then, so it felt good to get those big old clunkers off my face again!
Baby is very active and is moving almost constantly now. Cardo got to feel her kick for the first time last night! I notice it most right after I eat, whenever I switch sides while I'm sleeping, and while I'm just chilling out. It's one of the coolest sensations I've ever felt, that's for sure!
The name game is on in full force. We decided to each go through the name book and write down what stuck out for us, and then compare lists. Of course, it's taking me twice as long as Ricardo. He's a man who knows what he wants right away, I guess! All the same, I am just as excited to call her by name as I was to call her a "she". Still up for discussion, but I think we both concur that we will most likely keep the name that we decide on under wraps until she's born. We think that since we couldn't wait to find out the gender, we'll at least surprise everyone with the name. Plus, we don't want anyone else's opinions to sway us one way or another. We know that once she's born, she'll fit right in to whatever we decide!
Not much else to report for now, anyway. I'm still recovering from a business trip to Atlanta this week and am exhausted! My creative storytelling juices just aren't flowing as they usually do, so please forgive my bland blog this week. I'll make up for it with pictures from last week! :)
Baptism, Names, and Boring Exhaustion
Sunday, April 27, 2008
Lived To Tell About It Danielle at 7:20 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 of you love me, and I you:
goodness gracious d........my grandaughter is surely growing, isn't it a shame that you had to discard the rubberbands and finally resort to the frilly but pratical maternity clothes? you sure look adorable, i just hate the fact that i can't be there to witness the day by day changes that you are experiencing. i want so badly to feel my grandaughter kick and feel her little elbows jabbing her mommy while she is trying to get her much needed sleep at night.i am very proud of "her" parents and miss you both terribly! give my precious little girl a love rub from her grandma and let her know how much i love you all!
mama
Love the hot pictures of you two supermodels at Chino Latino! Danielle, you are one HOT Mommy-to-be! Can't wait to visit you three this summer! Sending lots of hugs and kisses!
Love,
Yole :)
Daneille
Love the pic of lex with her head down..It was a really fun day.You are so good for my ego.Even though I get to see you in person I love looking at your blog. You have such a way with words.Baby is getting big we (the girls) are thinking of fun things to do with her.Talk to you Soon
Love Dawn and the Girls
of you love me, and I you