And So It Begins...

Monday, July 21, 2008


33 weeks and counting!


I can't believe that I only have 3 more weeks until I am considered full term!


...Starting to feel reeeeeeealy pregnant these days. With the hot weather and humidity compounding my general lack of agility these days (assuming you're required to be agile to walk or get out of a chair, I don't know...I can't remember!) I am starting to feel pretty uncomfortable. As terrified as I am to become a parent in a mere 7 weeks if all goes according to schedule, I can see how Mother Nature designed pregnancy just perfectly so just as the 10 month incubation session is drawing to a close, the majority of us women in waiting are ready to have these children OUT of us!

Things are becoming to seem very real and so much time has passed so quickly! I am officially beginning to nest, but fortunately I've had others to do it for me thus far!! I neglected to mention in my last post that my brother-in-law Jeff assembled all of our nursery furniture and dismantled our grown-up guest room furniture. No more will house guests get the first class "bed treatment" any longer! It's couch or air mattress o' clock! I remember those days in the not-too-distant past...Also known as college! We also have someone installing ceramic tile in our foyer, kitchen, and both bathrooms this week which was MUCH needed. We still had the original linoleum that our house came with. It was dirty, torn, and generally very unattractive! Lastly, this weekend we purchased the wood floors that we will be installing downstairs to replace the original carpet that we promised to tear up as soon as Poopy kicked the bucket. (Sorry Poopy!) I'll be sure and post pictures of our new flooring and nursery as soon as all is finished.

Also lending to the "realness" of our impending parenthood is our attendance of child preparation courses. We had another one this past weekend called "All About Babies". We pretty much learned how to bathe our child, change her diaper, and how to tell if she's sick. We were surprised to see that we weren't the only people around to have never changed a baby's diaper! Some other things that we learned:

Whoo! Now that we have THAT out of the way! I was really looking forward to Cardo sharing some of the nursing duties, but apparently that's a big no-no! And speaking of nursing, our last class that we will attend will be "Breastfeeding 101" in two weeks. Once that class is completed, I fully expect to know everything about being a parent and should hop right into this thing with all of the knowledge in the world. Yeah right, I WISH! I'm sure in about 8 or 9 weeks, you'll be reading all about how I am crying more than any infant ever will and that I've forgotten how to spell or even read in my sleeplessness. Can parents be colicky too???

Another big thank you going out to "Krazy Kristi"...She is spoiling my daughter! She sent yet another big package of adorable clothes including what will most likely be her first Christmas outfit! Apparently, the stores in Charleston have good deals on winter gear unlike the stores in Minnesota. Hmmm...Wonder why? ;) Thank you Kristi!!

Also happening this week are both of my grandmother's birthdays. Happy Birthday to Grandma Dambro on the 24th, and to Grandma Filipiak on the 27th. Love and miss you both!!!

Doctor's appointment on Wednesday and will report back to you then.

Talk soon!

Apprehensively Yours,

D. xoxoxo

1 of you love me, and I you:

Yole said...

Thanks Danielle for the latest blog. It was cute! I can't wait to see pictures of the new floors and nursery!

You're almost there! Hang in there! Talk real soon!