So it's August, and we're here, and the last I checked it was merely June. As all summers tend to do when you live in the tundra, this one too, has slipped away. And just when I was about to tell you that we've done nothing extraordinary to even make the time go by so quickly, I realized that we've actually been quite busy after sifting through the latest and greatest photographic evidence of our lives.
Let's see, in addition to traveling to Los Angeles, Nashville, the North Shore, Saginaw, Dallas, and Chicago collectively,
We've also attended family reunions
We've been boating
We've had visitors of the very best friend variety
We've honed our art skills
We've met gangsters (or cops depending on what side of the tracks you're from)
We've had a grandma turn 77
And other grandmas turn NINETY!
I'd be remiss not to mention the crazy weather that is characteristic of Minnesota summers. Stuff like humidity that makes a certain someone look like a lioness with all those cotton candy curls
And every once in awhile an absolutely PERFECT little spiral just down her forehead
There are crazy storms that leaves the dusk sky looking like we're on another planet. And lionesses that act like it too.
And trust me when I say, these photos are tame. We've got screaming, kicking, dropping to the ground limply in the middle of a busy street tantrums. We have refusal to eat on some days and voracious garbage disposal imitation on others. Meltdowns should best be left to nuclear power plants in my opinion, but the one thing I know for sure, is that my opinion is of no consequence when she is in the middle of one.
Ali's speech and vocabulary is growing each day and I feel like I can now converse with her intelligently. She still loves to read and new this month is her love to sing and try to carry a tune. She's got the names of her colors, clothing, body parts, and several other items down pat as opposed to trial and error in the past. She love airplanes, cars, trucks, and boats. She says hello to everyone we pass and will insist on a response by continuing to say hi until someone extends the courtesy. (As you can imagine, some are more willing than others.)
What else can I tell you? Oh yeah...She loves an audience. Like when her cousins froze up at the family reunion talent show, Alessandra decided to take one for the team...
Sorry for the long gap between posts. Hopefully I'll get back on the Blog Wagon from now on! Until next time...





1 of you love me, and I you:
Too cute! Loved all the pics of the family and ICE T...I would've started rapping "New Jack Hustler" if I would've seen him :) but that's just me! :) We miss Alessandra already and Gianna has ALREADY said that she can't wait for Christmas to see everyone again. We obviously hope it's sooner but she caught a glimpse of Christmas storefronts at the Mall the other day so we're in trouble already!
Hugs to everyone in MN! We miss and love you tons!
Yole :)
of you love me, and I you